- Why should I rent from Chapman Properties?
- How do I apply to rent a property?
- Am I required to sign a lease?
- When is my rent due and where can I pay my rent?
- How do I get help for a maintenance problem?
- How long should I wait to hear back from someone regarding a maintenance problem?
- What am I responsible for maintaining?
- Do I need approval to paint or change something in the home I am renting?
- Do I need renters insurance?
- What happens if I need to move before the end of my lease?
- What do I do if I need to move?
- Can I get a pet?
- What do I do If I have an emergency?
- How long does the application process take?
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience. We stay on top of the latest technology to make your renting experience as easy and professional as possible. We care about our residents and their experience while renting from Chapman Properties.
Here are a few other reasons:
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All Chapman Properties staff members are continually trained in their area of expertise. We are heavily involved with the National Association of Residential Property Managers and hold the highest individual certifications and credentials from that organization. "Master Property Manger" or MPM, "Residential Management Professional" or RMP.
Check out our renting policies to be sure you qualify, Please visit the listings tab of our website, click on "Apply to Lease a Property". The renting policies are the first thing you will see prior to filling out the application.
This process generally takes about 48 hours depending on how quickly your references respond to our requests.
Yes, for most of our properties you will sign a 12 month lease that covers our responsibilities to each other throughout our tenancy. We will go over each part of the lease to ensure you understand it. After your application is accepted, your deposit is received, and your lease is signed, we'll hand you the keys to your home!
Rent is always due on the first of each month and late as of 5pm on the 5th. Late fees are $45 at 5pm on the 5th and $5 a day until balance is paid in full.
Rent can be paid online, by mail or in person to:
114 E Idaho Ave., Suite 200
Meridian, ID 83642
Our office is open Monday through Friday 9AM to 5PM. We are closed for lunch from 12pm to 1pm daily. If our office is closed please use the mail slot located at the left hand side of our front door. This can be used for rent, key's and other documents but please make sure all items left are properly labeled.
Please specify your rental address in the memo field of your check.
Checks, money orders or cashiers checks are acceptable, please NO CASH!
All maintenance request must be made in writing. You may submit your request through our website under tenant services " Work Order" or by e-mailing email@example.com. Please use the online maintenance form from our website first.
In a non-emergency situation, please allow three days. If you have not heard from our office or vendor in three days, please contact Chapman Properties directly at 1-208-336-5111 x101. We will make every effort to touch base with you as soon as possible.
Residents are responsible for maintaining heating filters and fresh smoke detector batteries at all times. This may mean changing these items two to three times a year or as frequently as needed. Most residents in single family homes are responsible for maintaining their individual lawn care as well, to include watering, weeding, mowing, blowing, pruning and all general upkeep of the yard. Please refer to your lease agreement for further acknowledgement of yard duties.
When moving out of a Chapman Property the resident responsibility grows substantially. Please refer to your lease agreement or call Chapman Properties directly for further detail.
Yes! Any and all changes or modifications to the property must be requested in writing to Chapman Properties. These request must be approved and sent back in writing to resident prior to any changes.
Chapman Properties highly recommends that all residents carry enough insurance to cover themselves and their personal property. Please consult with your insurance agent for further details. Renters insurance is very reasonable and will really save you in the case of any disaster.
Please refer to your lease agreement for details on breaking a lease and contact Chapman Properties as soon as possible to discuss your situation in detail. This lease clause is listed under section 1.2 of your signed lease agreement. There are three ways to get out of a lease agreement. If more than three months remain, you can pay three months in advance and walk away from your lease with no further financial obligation. If less than three months remain, you can pay out the remainder of your lease and walk away with no further financial obligations. You may also attempt to re-lease the property by placing an ad, showing the unit and sending all prospects to Chapman Properties for approval. Once an new lease is signed with a qualified resident, you are released from and further financial obligations. In all three scenarios, your deposit is non refundable.
You must always provide a written 30 day notice to vacate. These can be obtained on our website at www.chapmanproperties.net or in the office located at 114 E Idaho Ave., Suite 200 Meridian, ID 83642. Notices must be delivered a full 30 days prior to your vacating date. Once received by our office the 30 days will begin.
Please refer to your lease agreement to see if pets are negotiable at your property. If no pets are allowed then you will not be able to have one at the property. If pets are negotiable you must submit a request in writing to Chapman Properties to include the type, breed, sex and age of the proposed pet. Upon approval you must submit a $250 pet fee per approved pet as well as an additional $10 a month pet rent. You will also be required to sign an additional pet agreement. All of this must be done PRIOR to getting a pet.
It is very important to do this PRIOR to getting your pet as the fees for illegal pets are double the cost of doing it the right way.
Examples of emergencies are: active water leaks, flooding, no heat in winter, fire, gas odors etc. For fire, gas or natural disasters, please call 911 first!**
Take every measure to prevent damage to the unit for whatever emergency is happening, then call the office and connect to the after hours line. Our professional after hours emergency service will act promptly to your emergency.